Topics
Published on August 20, 2015 by AskADev

Web Developer, Logan Thompson, reassures all non-computer science majors that with a little hard work and self-discipline, they too can find a career in development.

New to development or a pro who needs help? Just tweet your question to #AskADev. We’ll pick the best ones and have a developer answer them.

40 Comments on "Can I get into development without a Computer Science degree?"

m wolf
m wolf
1 year 8 months ago

Agreed on time management – Having excellent resources is also (imo) key to making it in web dev without a CS degree. Basically anything in tech, if you can do it and you can do it well, you can find a job. Source: I was a Communications (english/psychology) major and now work in web dev.

Forgiver Sign
Forgiver Sign
1 year 8 months ago

I am an IT graduate and so far my work experience is all about technical support. I want to try software development particularly web development. My question is what should I learn first? PHP or Javascript? I have no prior programming experience. Thanks!

Sam Deacon
Sam Deacon
1 year 3 months ago

old answer, did you make a start on web development?? check out quora for broad questions like this 🙂

Mollie Knute
Mollie Knute
1 year 8 months ago

Interesting video, although it does seem to concentrate more on front-end development (which naturally lends itself to portfolio pieces). I'm aiming for at a backend development career, so we'll see how far I can go without a degree 🙂

Rasmus Damgaard Nielsen
Rasmus Damgaard Nielsen
1 year 8 months ago

Wow, could be me talking there!

GamingBoss
GamingBoss
1 year 8 months ago

oh yeah. I was thinking about unsubscribing a week ago but decided to give you one more chance and if you don't upload good video in few weeks I will definitely unsubscribe BUT there it is – good video about topic many young people are looking for. Other older videos this year were completely useless for many people. Keep it up!

100percentGetDatCash