Topics
Published on August 20, 2015 by AskADev
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

Web Developer, Logan Thompson, reassures all non-computer science majors that with a little hard work and self-discipline, they too can find a career in development.

New to development or a pro who needs help? Just tweet your question to #AskADev. We’ll pick the best ones and have a developer answer them.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.

60 Comments on "Can I get into development without a Computer Science degree?"

Øath Betrayer
Øath Betrayer
1 year 5 months ago

Before I even knew of Web Dev. or programming, I would edit pre made maps on Warcraft 3. I would change colors, scale the size of things…and that's pretty much how I got into loving programming.

Aaron Borealis
Aaron Borealis
1 year 3 months ago

I used to tweak with scale properties of cars on GTA San Andreas. From wheel diameters and width, to the size of the car itself lol. I also scratched the surface on web dev. and coding in university (got a semi-useless degree instead of CS so I'm kicking myself for it) but I've been interested in it and am starting to get back into it full on again. I'm 25, so I might look back to getting into uni to do a CS degree just for the sake of looking good on the resume. Never too late I guess.

MineCrafterCity
MineCrafterCity
1 year 3 months ago

I used to make gradients in MS Paint on XP 1 line at the time ;D

Bill Stiber
Bill Stiber
1 year 6 months ago

Thanks! Liked it as well..

AYAN KUNDU
AYAN KUNDU
1 year 8 months ago

can i get job in google without degree ?

mysharona12
mysharona12
1 year 7 months ago

+AYAN KUNDU As stated in the video, employers, such as google, do not care for a degree. So if you have good experince and proof of, then you should be fine.

le00
le00
1 year 9 months ago

good video

Ritesh Bista
Ritesh Bista
1 year 11 months ago

Useful video. This video motivated me to be developer.

Desi Tiger
Desi Tiger
1 year 11 months ago

Where can I take web developer certification exam?

The Observer
The Observer
1 year 1 month ago

+Karan singh Just google the Microsoft Certifications, google Oracle certifications and go through the steps they give. On Microsoft site and Oracle site..

Karan singh
Karan singh
1 year 1 month ago

+The Observer How ????

The Observer
The Observer
1 year 5 months ago

+Desi Tiger Yes I have the answer, You can take in Microsoft Academy, Microsoft certified stuff, and you can take Oracle certified, but if you want another tech then I donno

Ask A Dev
Ask A Dev
1 year 11 months ago

+Desi Tiger Hey Desi, thanks for the question. We had one of our web devs talk about some options for certifications. Check it out,

Zubli Quzaini
Zubli Quzaini
1 year 11 months ago

Udacity..

Christopher Jr. Riley
Christopher Jr. Riley
2 years 25 days ago

I liked the answer and agreed with your points. As for where to learn, you had some excellent suggestions.For me: I have subscriptions for both Treehouse and Lynda.com (in some occasions, I learn from YouTube as well). I think that at some point, people should look into the WWDC (from Apple), Google I/O, and Microsoft Build conference videos. Those have a rich set of information for iOS, OS X, Android, Chrome OS, and Windows, and in most cases, give you sample code for you to use (especially for any newer features). These have helped me a lot with development.

simo laayouni
simo laayouni
2 years 27 days ago

Hey guys,so i was thinking in starting developping apps for ios but i'm completly lost i can't figure out where to start from or what languages should i use i tried goggling things but it just made more confused.i'm just a beginner btw.

The Physics Connection
The Physics Connection
2 years 1 month ago

Great Video, This is really helpful!If you like Physics or curiosity about the world in general I have a youtube channel called The Physics Connection. My latest video is on Schrodinger's Cat, Have a great week!!

Mike W
Mike W
2 years 1 month ago

Agreed on time management – Having excellent resources is also (imo) key to making it in web dev without a CS degree. Basically anything in tech, if you can do it and you can do it well, you can find a job. Source: I was a Communications (english/psychology) major and now work in web dev.