In this video series, I’ll show you how to connect an iPhone app to MySQL. We’ll go through it step by step starting from the beginning.
You’ll learn how to:
– Sign up for web hosting
– Create a new MySQL database
– Set up a MySQL database user
– Set access permission for that user
– Create a PHP web service to access the data
– Create an iOS app with a tableview, multiple screens and a map
– Access the PHP web service via the app to download the data from your MySQL database.
This is a video version of the tutorial here:
For more tutorials on how to build iPhone apps, make sure you subscribe and visit my site where you’ll find a community of like minded learners! Learning something new is always more fun with other people!
CodeWithChris is dedicated to teaching beginners and non-programmers all about building iOS apps. On the site, you’ll find a ton of free resources and tutorials to aid you on your journey to learn iOS development. Many people have successfully picked up Swift 3, Xcode 8 and app building from my course and materials!
Intro & Outro music
“Heartbreaker” by Jahzzar (www.betterwithmusic.com/)