164 Comments on "Hiatus Update 1 – (Time Vacuums, Gaming Addiction, and Willpower)"

Justine Win Canete
Justine Win Canete
2 months 16 days ago
Oh shit. This happened to me during college. I was sucked by playing LoL and I almost lost my chance graduating as Cum Laude. It was a very hard time for me.. Every night I'd fight with my mother.. I'd get piles of back logs.. I'd seclude myself from the reality. Ive been playing computer games since elementary. Imagine the struggle of finally putting an end to that long-time addiction. What really helped me is to get my mind right.. Really think what I'd like to happen in the future and accept the fact that I have to sacrifice my… Read more »
Steve Bourgoin
Steve Bourgoin
2 months 16 days ago

Thanks for sharing. Keep it on! Now I will sold my gaming stuff and start hacking 🙂

Davey E
Davey E
2 months 16 days ago

Did you ever think to combine the things you love in life of programming / gaming? A few things that were coming to mind watching this was streaming /making videos of gameplay, or get into game development. As a web application developer myself I can't wait until I can start combining things in games/vr/ar to bring that other part of my life into play

Mike Locke
Mike Locke
2 months 16 days ago

Sounds like you need to create a video game channel…if that's what you enjoy doing. 🙂

Ziggy Mahlomaholo
Ziggy Mahlomaholo
2 months 16 days ago

welcome back Trav, we've missed you very much.

VDSLight
VDSLight
2 months 16 days ago

nice to see you back.😉 was there. that is state of depression.. light version

ImMarko123
ImMarko123
2 months 16 days ago

Next time you start gaming, stream it also on twitch.tv, then it's definitely not time wasted 🙂

verbindungsfehler
verbindungsfehler
2 months 16 days ago

U r the best travis

TangyTech
TangyTech
2 months 16 days ago

i think we've all been down that gaming rabbithole gratification loop. It isn't until your horribly addicted and take a step back that you realize nothing you wanted to do was accomplished. glad you made an update 🙂

Filip Sipos