Published on February 20, 2014 by Google ATAP

Project Tango is an exploration into giving mobile devices a human-scale understanding of space and motion.

What if you never found yourself lost in a new building again? What if directions to a new location didn’t stop at the street address? Imagine playing hide-and-seek in your house with your favorite game character. Imagine competing against a friend for control over physical space with your own miniature army.

We hope you will take this journey with us. We believe it will be one worth traveling. To find out more, and apply for a development kit visit g.co/ProjectTango.

The future is awesome. Let’s build it together.

233 Comments on "Say hello to Project Tango!"

Timic83tc
Timic83tc
1 year 11 months ago

Gee I wonder what recent app Google has ties to that could be 3D mapping the whole fucking world.

Timic83tc
Timic83tc
1 year 11 months ago

Timic83tc
Timic83tc
1 year 11 months ago

This is really neat technology and extremely impressive, but I really don't want such a large, politically one-sided, untrustworthy company that consistently datamines people to have 3D scans of my house and all of the cool places I know about that nobody else does. The worst part is that if this took off and was a huge success I couldn't stop them from getting scans because other people would be using it.

Moshugaani
Moshugaani
1 year 8 months ago

Wow, what are the chances that two people write the exact same comment on the same video. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Check Cole Guadenine's comment)

Timic83tc
Timic83tc
1 year 11 months ago

Moshugaani
Moshugaani
1 year 8 months ago

Cole Guadenine
Cole Guadenine
1 year 11 months ago

Kingslayer
Kingslayer
1 year 3 months ago

Apple will be doing the same thing. Augmented reality is a big thing for future iPhones.

Cole Guadenine
Cole Guadenine
1 year 8 months ago

+MoshugaaniIf somebody else wrote what I wrote, they copy/pasted it from me.

Moshugaani
Moshugaani
1 year 8 months ago

Wow, what are the chances that two people write the exact same comment on the same video. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Check Timic83tc's comment)

Cole Guadenine
Cole Guadenine
1 year 11 months ago

Kingslayer
Kingslayer
1 year 3 months ago

Cole Guadenine
Cole Guadenine
1 year 8 months ago

+MoshugaaniIf somebody else wrote what I wrote, they copy/pasted it from me.

Moshugaani
Moshugaani
1 year 8 months ago

Arma Lol
Arma Lol
1 year 11 months ago

Soon we can't hide anywhere, they will know where we at all time.

Arma Lol
Arma Lol
1 year 11 months ago

Soon we can't hide anywhere, they will know where we at all time.

Pharaoh Wewuz