In this video we will discuss
1. What is Facade Design Pattern
2. Implementation Guidelines of Facade design pattern
3. And will take a look at simple example to implement this pattern
Facade Design Pattern : As per the GOF definition, Facade Pattern states that we need to “Provide a unified interface to a set of interfaces in a subsystem. Facade defines a higher-level interface that makes the subsystem easier to use.” This pattern Falls under the category of Structural Design Pattern and is also known as Wrapper.
Implementation Guidelines : We need to use Facade Design Pattern when
1. We want to provide a simple interface to a complex subsystem. Subsystems often get more complex as they evolve.
2. There are many dependencies between clients and the implementation classes of an abstraction.
3. We want to layer the subsystems. Use a facade to define an entry point to each subsystem level.
Text version of the video
Design Patterns Tutorial playlist
Design Patterns Text articles and slides
All Dot Net and SQL Server Tutorials in English
All Dot Net and SQL Server Tutorials in Arabic