1321 Comments on "2016/2017 MUST-KNOW WEB DEVELOPMENT TECH – Watch this if you want to be a web developer"

Lydia Diaz
Lydia Diaz
1 year 11 months ago

Thanks for a very informative video; just right for a beginning developer.

1 year 11 months ago

Thanks Lydia! I'm glad it helped!

Terry Thomas
Terry Thomas
1 year 11 months ago

Great overview and fairly accurate. Wish I'd had it available to me a year ago. One other item that might be worth mentioning is Agile/Scrum.. seems this is pretty prevalent.

1 year 11 months ago

Thanks Terry. I've thought about that…I guess I feel like it keeps falling more under project planning and not so much web-development.

crbon
crbon
1 year 11 months ago

This is really useful information, thanks a lot for sharing! 🙂

Thanks! Glad it helped.

AutumnRide86
AutumnRide86
1 year 11 months ago

Please, please I am beginning you! Just stop saying "based off of …", it's utterly ridiculous. Just think about it. How can you base something "off" something else. You base something ON something. Don't mean to be a dick but it makes my ears bleed every time I hear it. Nice video though.

Nafis Hasnian
Nafis Hasnian
1 year 11 months ago

I always wandered if it is okay not to be really good at design and css if you are a Full Stack developer! is it?

Nafis Hasnian
Nafis Hasnian
1 year 11 months ago

Well i obviously know CSS. But its something i don't enjoy working with. I would rather make frontend components or work with database models or authentications. I can't think of something and write CSS to make that thing happen instantly like many designers does.

Alexander H. Black
Alexander H. Black
1 year 11 months ago

Designing itself, no. Though it help. But to be full-stack you do need to be proficient with CSS, not a master, but you should know your way around.

Nafis Hasnian
Nafis Hasnian
1 year 11 months ago
Can i respectfully disagree with one thing? React is not the best choice right now(my opinion). Angular 2 is totally different from Angular 1 and its a good thing if you are new developer. You will learn TypeScript(Which is like static typed ES6 with awesome functionalities). If you came from something like Java then you will love TypeScript. Angular 2 will teach you more about Reacttive Programming with Observables. Things like template variable and plain html and few angular directives and not using JSX is awesome. People who still uses Angular 1 are lazy to learn a new technology. I… Read more »
Nafis Hasnian
Nafis Hasnian
1 year 11 months ago
I understand the learning curve will cost some money and time. But it might worth the time considering what your are doing. Its a One Framework or One Technology solution for the front end. Its really simple to understand. The templating engine is like Handlebars with few angular directives. And the good part is not using HTML in JS render function like in react. TypeScript is what makes it so simple and easy to work with. TypeScript is also backward compatible with ES5 and ES6. Sometimes i write some plain ES5 code in my .ts file. Interface and proper OOP… Read more »
1 year 11 months ago

A lot of the issue is it can cost a company a massive amount of time and money to upgrade an application platform with major breaking changes. In the React world, React is the view layer, and the other pieces are all modular and can be swapped out one at a time. It's a really great direction IMO. But to each his own and Angular still made #2 on my list!

Mia Won
Mia Won
1 year 11 months ago

I'm a newbie to the web development.  You gave me an overall idea where to go.  Many thanks to you!

You're very welcome!

Siddhanta Rath
Siddhanta Rath

A man said thank you 🙂

1 year 11 months ago

A man acknowledged that thank. 🙂

Skobee