Published on November 21, 2017 by LearnCode.academy

GET THE SOURCE CODE: github.com/learncodeacademy/vue-tutorials

Knowing how to scale Vue data is essential, and easily done with Vue.js stores.

Vue.js is one of the top 3 Javascript frameworks you should know these days.
The Vue framework is extremely simple to learn and fun to use.
It’s my tool of choice for small widgets and simple apps, but can easily scale to large application development.
Vuejs is also the best framework for new JS developers to learn when starting out.

Vue.js 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZY1yyrlJWU&index=1&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9
Vue.js 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6lhOYv-QM4&index=2&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9
Vue.js 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0w2KLOLaTA&index=3&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9
Vue.js 4: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V9Lcnm1Dqw&index=4&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9
Vue.js 5: www.youtube.com/watch?v=inJDWcHmsss&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9&index=6
Vue.js 6: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyr5X5HwXhM&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9&index=5
Vue.js 7: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkcJ0YAiycQ&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9&index=7
Vue.js 8: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY2MiaYiSdw&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9&index=8
Vue.js 9: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS9-fTrgjrA&list=PLoYCgNOIyGADZuvKJweutZDOO9VI9YiJ9&index=9

69 Comments on "Vue Tutorial #9 – Scaling Vue.js Data with Stores"

Charles Kumar
Charles Kumar
8 months 22 days ago

cool video and very helpful !!! Thanks for the upload

Charles Kumar
Charles Kumar
8 months 22 days ago

cool video and very helpful !!! Thanks for the upload

Manuel F
Manuel F
8 months 22 days ago
hi!  I love your videos and I love how you explain everything and makes sense youre a really good teacher and I noticed sometimes you do reviews and some other videos other than tutorials but I tried looking for one to see if you talked about the coding bootcamps that are now popping everywhere. do you have a video that talks about that or would you please make one and let us know your opinion about it. im asking you because I feel like you know what youre talking about and I would really like to get your point of… Read more »
Manuel F
Manuel F
8 months 22 days ago
Sergio Ribeiro
Sergio Ribeiro
8 months 26 days ago

Great stuff. Been learning Vue for a bit now, and still took away some new things from your tuts. Any chance to touch on authentication with JWT and Vue… haven't seen anything worth while on YT about it.

LearnCode.academy
LearnCode.academy
8 months 26 days ago

Thanks! Here are a few examples for you on auth with Vue:auth0.com/docs/quickstart/spa/vuejs/01-logingithub.com/websanova/vue-auth

Sergio Ribeiro
Sergio Ribeiro
8 months 26 days ago

LearnCode.academy
LearnCode.academy
8 months 26 days ago

Alexander Zotov
Alexander Zotov
8 months 27 days ago

Great tutorial!

Goksel Uyulmaz
Goksel Uyulmaz
8 months 27 days ago

Great introduction , summary ,essence and practical info. Would like to see more videos on Vue other details.

Goksel Uyulmaz
Goksel Uyulmaz
8 months 27 days ago

victornpb
victornpb
8 months 27 days ago

Let's say you have a Dropdown vue component, how do you call a add method from outside of vue?

LearnCode.academy
LearnCode.academy
8 months 26 days ago

Nice! Best of luck!

victornpb
victornpb
8 months 27 days ago
thanks for that reply, I've watched the whole vue series yesterday, and I already built a backbone wrapper view so I can make little pieces with vue inside this Backbone app.Now I have 2 problems to solve, my build step I can't use it like in the documentation, because there's already so much going on there. I think I'll have to makeup an extension like something.vue.html and create a rule so the vue template loader can create the render function without messing with my underscore templates.And locales I have to find a way of calling a function that spits strings… Read more »
LearnCode.academy
LearnCode.academy
8 months 27 days ago

AH, sorry for the confusion! The 2 ways to do it would be watchers and custom events:watchers: codepen.io/anon/pen/NwMNeO?editors=1011

victornpb
victornpb
8 months 27 days ago

LearnCode.academy I mean how can a code subscribe to a change On a vue component, There's any way of adding a event listener to a vue component

LearnCode.academy
LearnCode.academy
8 months 27 days ago

Any JS code could require that store and call a method on the store, which would trigger an update on all of the components listening to the data.