132 Comments on "WordPress Pagination Tutorial (Custom Query & Template Integration)"

Japi Sandhu
Japi Sandhu
7 months 8 days ago
It still wont work for me, very frustrated have been attempting to fix this issue for 2 weeks. Please help What am I doing wrong?? <?php $ourCurrentPage = get_query_var('page'); $args = array( 'posts_per_page' => 3, 'page' => $ourCurrentPage ); // Instantiate custom query $custom_query = new WP_Query( $args ); // Output custom query loop if ( $custom_query->have_posts() ) : while ( $custom_query->have_posts() ) : $custom_query->the_post(); ?> <h3 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h3> <p><?php the_content(); ?></p> <?php endwhile; echo paginate_links(array( 'total' => $custom_query->max_num_pages)); endif; ?>
Sylvain Schellenberger
Sylvain Schellenberger
6 months 26 days ago

I see you use 'page' both in get_query_var() and your WP_Query, which is the syntax for querying other pages inside a page.If you want to query posts inside a page, use get_query_var('page') and WP_Query( array( 'paged' => $yourNumber ) );At least that's what bothered me today.

Japi Sandhu
Japi Sandhu
7 months 8 days ago
Sylvain Schellenberger
Sylvain Schellenberger
6 months 26 days ago

Manoel Vasconcelos
Manoel Vasconcelos
8 months 11 days ago

Hi, I've been looking for this information for weeks and now you've helped me.I'm with the happy with project completed.Thank you very much!

Manoel Vasconcelos