Topics

201 Comments on "JavaScript in Half an Hour (Without jQuery!)"

Everyday Tech
Everyday Tech
5 months 20 days ago

Will you be doing a part two?

leonel perez
leonel perez
5 months 22 days ago

man thanks a lot for this tut, it's so clear and easy to understand.

Timothy Lawlor
Timothy Lawlor
5 months 23 days ago

Nice tute! What text editor are you using?

LearnWebCode
LearnWebCode
5 months 23 days ago

Thanks, the text editor I'm using is named "Sublime Text" – it's my favorite, but Atom is great too.

Alacritas
Alacritas
5 months 24 days ago

Great, man! I love it. Lovely tutorial, very clearly explained and easily understood. Keep it up!

Nahidul Islam
Nahidul Islam
6 months 14 hours ago

Thank you!!!

Zombie Skateboarding
Zombie Skateboarding
6 months 2 days ago

i really enjoyed this a lot. it helped me to understand javascript a lot more. I am only 12 years old and i've been working with HTML, CSS ,and JAVASCRIPT for about 10 months i've gotten a lot down so far but this video made me understand even more about javascript. thank you

Sandy
Sandy
6 months 2 days ago

Hello Good people – I am learning to build apps (both mobile/Web) which I will then sell on app stores. I want to build a company in the future to do so. I have already invested in Treehouse and learned basics of python, swift, Javascript, SQL and HTML>CSS. Now I want to dig deeper – in an area where I start connecting the dots. Build a page connect it to a server, record data in a database. I want to DIY in the app world in short. What should I LEARN ???

Sandy
Sandy
5 months 8 days ago

Python I heard has issues with Circular imports. They are the bane of any Python programmer and are very poor architectural choice for the language. I realize for the most part, circular imports are a sign your module design is broken. However, if you’re an experienced developer, you’ll likely spend more time shoehorning Python into your advanced patterns than anything else. Good luck with that.

Matthias Gilch
Matthias Gilch
5 months 8 days ago

+SandyI went to to Python 3 about a year ago and don't regret it.

Sandy
Sandy
5 months 8 days ago

Python 2, or is it 3?The lack of focus and movement between Python versions is a massive pain the ass. Yes, I know lots of libraries are being converted or have been already. However, the lack of focus and clear direction of one over the other has my confidence in it at an all time low. I know this has more to do with the community not wanting to move, than the devs, but community is what drives a project.

Sandy
Sandy
5 months 8 days ago

good stuff. Thank you very much

Matthias Gilch
Matthias Gilch
5 months 8 days ago
Sandy node.js is something like a Webserver and Python together. It's running in the backend. Javascript is for your frontend a must. You probably want to start with your backend using python and Django delivered over a webserver like Apache or nginx. You probably have to build an API for the further tasks. Then you can develop either your mobile app or your web page. For your mobile app you need, as already said Java, Kotlin or Objective-C. The web app ia created with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. This is only one way to do all this stuff and there… Read more »
Rafa Gómez
Rafa Gómez
6 months 4 days ago

Excelent method! Your comentaries are easy enough to be understood for the roockies but not dummy-insultingThank you very much

Maurice Williams
Maurice Williams
6 months 6 days ago

Something clicked for me while watching this. I learned something but I don't remember it.

Stephen Mappouridis
Stephen Mappouridis
4 months 26 days ago

Get a pad, write all the code down along with comments. This will help hold it in your mind and if you forget depending on how good your comments are you don't have to watch the video again! good luck!

JdCole Consulting
JdCole Consulting
5 months 23 hours ago

I can relate!

Jacek Majda
Jacek Majda
6 months 6 days ago

Thank you for this one :)I was really taken by the way you explain what you're doing, that I bought your course on Udemy straight away 🙂