In business, employee collaboration with colleagues inside and outside of the company is the name of the game. Finding a balance between readily sharing files and protecting corporate assets is crucial. At Microsoft IT, we get it. With over 400,000 SharePoint team sites, intranet portals, and OneDrive for Business sites, we have a lot to manage. Learn how we use custom solutions, organizational policy, Office 365, and Azure Active Directory to help manage, govern, and protect our data in a highly collaborative environment.
These questions — and more — are discussed during this session:
- [1:52] Challenges and concerns around IT security risks and vulnerabilities.
- [2:58] Overview of the Microsoft IT Office 365 and SharePoint landscape.
- [4:21] Types of sharing and collaboration (SharePoint / OneDrive).
- [6:28] How to choose which type of sharing to use.
- [10:59] Types of governance within Microsoft IT.
- [12:17] SharePoint Office 365 container governance.
- [13:55] Container and file classification labeling.
- [15:39] Classification user awareness.
- [16:19] Data protection in the cloud.
- [20:36] Content sharing options.
- [25:21] When to use link-based sharing versus creating a new group.
- [26:32] When to re-share content.
- [28:38] Empowering employees to create collaborative spaces.
- [37:33] Policy enforcement (such as naming rules and ownership accountability).
- [42:38] Additional resources and Q&A.
- [45:19] How do we validate that an employee’s site is correctly classified?
- [49:41] Does Microsoft IT put any limits on who can create Office 365 groups today?
Access additional technical content, discover new and exciting career opportunities in IT, and much more: