Published on January 29, 2018 by ProgrammingKnowledge

in this video I am going to show How to Set Up Python Development environment in Visual Studio Code in windows 10. I am also going to show ow to debug your python code using vs code. This process will also cover How to Install Python and Visual Studio Code for Windows 10.

————————-Follow——————-
My Website – www.codebind.com
My Blog – goo.gl/Nd2pFn
My Facebook Page – goo.gl/eLp2cQ
Google+ – goo.gl/lvC5FX
Twitter – twitter.com/ProgrammingKnow
Pinterest – goo.gl/kCInUp
Text Case Converter – goo.gl/pVpcwL
Epoch Timestamp Converter – goo.gl/Zedjo5
Decimal – Binary – Hexadecimal Converter – goo.gl/rkX3JE
8-bit Checksum Calculator – goo.gl/inxvIT
————————-Stuff I use to make videos ——————-
Stuff I use to make videos
Windows notebook – amzn.to/2zcXPyF
Apple MacBook Pro – amzn.to/2BTJBZ7
Desktop – amzn.to/2zct252
Microphone – amzn.to/2zcYbW1
notebook mouse – amzn.to/2BVs4Q3

53 Comments on "How to Set Up Python in Visual Studio Code on Windows 10"

Haydhn
Haydhn
1 month 27 days ago

My launch.json file doesn't have the same settings as yours. I don't have a stopOnEntry setting. Is there a way I can add this? I tried just typing it in like it is in your file but it doesn't work.

McStar
McStar
1 month 18 days ago

Haydhn mine is v3.5

Haydhn
Haydhn
1 month 22 days ago

I didn't. I ended up uninstalling VS and just grew accustom to using the Python IDLE. If you're a beginner like me I recommend using the Python IDLE, it's simple and doesn't have any bells and whistles but if you're just learning Python it's adequate. Also, what version of Python do you have installed? I'm using 2.7 and I suspect that's why my .json file settings were different.

McStar
McStar
1 month 22 days ago

did you find a way to solve this? I'm having the same problem

Stefan Ciobotaru
Stefan Ciobotaru
1 month 28 days ago

It worked for me. Many Thanks!!!

Gerson Santos
Gerson Santos
1 month 30 days ago

Thanks brother. Sucess

Milan Gerloff
Milan Gerloff
2 months 2 days ago

Brilliant

EJK Developer
EJK Developer
2 months 5 days ago
I had to add the config manually to get debug to work properly… I just copied what is in your 'Python' option under configs to use.. Saved it, the launch.json file, then debug worked fine. "name": "Python", "type": "python", "request": "launch", "stopOnEntry": true, "pythonPath": "${config:python.pythonPath}", "program": "${file}", "cwd":"${workspaceFolder}", "env": {}, "envFile": "${workspaceFolder}/.env", "debugOptions": [ "RedirectOutput" ]
Gamers Doom
Gamers Doom
2 months 8 days ago

please can you attach the vscode/launch.json because i have a different code for that

Ryu Akamatsu
Ryu Akamatsu
2 months 9 days ago

I accidentally deleted my .vscode what should I do?

Smit Nirdosh
Smit Nirdosh
2 months 9 days ago

Why am I getting this message in the output terminal :R:python>cd r:python && cmd /C "set "PYTHONIOENCODING=UTF-8" && set "PYTHONUNBUFFERED=1" && "C:/Program Files (x86)/Python36-32/python.exe" C:Usersstark.vscodeextensionsms-python.python-2018.3.1pythonFilesPythonToolsvisualstudio_py_launcher.py r:python 49291 34806ad9-833a-4524-8cd6-18ca4aa74f14 RedirectOutput,RedirectOutput r:pythonnew.py "please help

Clifford Mathew
Clifford Mathew
2 months 10 days ago

squirekev
squirekev
2 months 10 days ago

Helpful installation and up to date with 2018 so thanks!VSC must be getting very popular with Python users as the Extension Python MS install is up to 9,319,715 user by now since your Jan 2018 tut upload.It feels like a good IDE for familiarizing oneself with for the future for further explorations into C#, C++ , etc.